For the most part, my week followed the same pattern as it has for the last few weeks. I've gone to work each day, cooked dinner, and then headed to our various training each night. On Monday, we did our Inductive training, where we learned about creating applications from scripture about observing and interpreting it. We learned to make applications and goals specific, practical, applicable, and measurable. I'm looking forward to making applications to the scripture as we continue our study in Ephesians. On Tuesday, we had Stumo Night like normal, where we ate dinner, worshipped, and listened to a speaker. The message was about not giving up on sharing the Gospel. The speaker reminded us of God's calling on our lives--to share the Gospel, even when we feel like we are failing. It was a really great reminder to persevere when it comes to following God. No matter the situation, no matter my feelings, I am called to obedience to Christ. My faith is not defined by feelings.
On Wednesday, we had a free night! My group caught up on laundry and on the Bachelorette :-)
![]() |
| It is absolutely beautiful here. Praise God for his creation! |
On Thursday we picked up on world prayer and girls time. We prayed specifically for animistic and tribal peoples around the world. We prayed that missionaries would be called to reach animists and that Bible translations would be made available to peoples with tribal languages.
Friday was d-group night and my d-group went to a local mexican restaurant and ate burritos over our Bible study. We discussed Ephesians, prayed for the country of Chad, were accountable to our prayer and Bible-study lives over the week, and discussed the book we have been reading about evangelism. I love the time I am able to spend focused on Christ with my D-group. Afterwards I think I went to an ice cream social in a TU D-group's room, where everyone brought their own tub of ice cream and ate it together and danced to songs straight from middle-school dances and the 80's. It has been a blessing to get to know other people from my campus and I can't wait to see how the relationships grow over the summer and into the school year.
![]() |
| Our memory verses for the week. Great reminders to stay connected to Christ. |
On Saturday we trained in evangelism. We worked on our testimonies and answered some questions and misconceptions about testimonies and coming to Christ. Afterwards, we went to the beaches to share the Gospel with the people around us. My group was able to have a really in depth conversation with a couple, and we were able to give really great insight about the Holy Spirit and about Christ. At the end of the conversation, the man didn't come to know Christ, but my partner Haley's testimony that she shared related so well to them and I strongly believe that it planted a seed in their hearts. Pray for Jabar and his wife to come to now the true Christ.
Sunday was a great day of worship at Westminster Presbyterian Church. The message was over the minor prophet Hosea. I really enjoy the sermon series because I'm learning a lot from books of the Bible I've only grazed through a few times. Afterwards, we headed to Seaside for a day of relaxation with my D-group. We ate at some food trucks and then walked around the little town shopping and sight-seeing. We also visited Seacrest to see where Stacey worked last year. We were able to meet some of her old friends from last Kaleo and it was so cool to physically see the impact she had made last year, and gave me hope that I'll build friendships that last this year.
![]() |
| My D-group at church! We are so thankful for the church that has welcomed us this summer. They are so fully of joy and kindness and I'm really being fed by this body of believers. |
I've learned a lot so far. Way too much to even begin to list. I'm learning every day, I'm making applications every day, and I'm growing closer to God every day.
But it's getting really, really hard. It's hard to manage my time. It's hard to keep a good attitude at work. It's hard to get all my assignments done. But this time is so rich, and I'm absolutely so grateful for my time here. I think I'm maturing and I think that the time I've invested will pay off.
Thank you for your continued support. Thank you for your patience and for reading my updates! I am so excited to see those who are still in Tulsa and I am so grateful for your prayers and encouragement. Please continue to pray for our endurance and that God would continue to reveal great things to us. Pray for the upcoming semester that each of us would continue to seek Christ when school starts back. Pray for the hearts of those we will minister to, and pray that many people would come to know Christ or know Christ better because of our lives. Thank you so much! Have a great week!
Karla Johnson




No comments:
Post a Comment